Comparethemarket updates Robert Webb campaign
Comparethemarket.com is launching the next phase of its new ad campaign staring comedian Robert Webb.
A 60-second TV spot, created by VCCP, will air today and feature Webb playing the fictional character of Comparethemarket.com chief executive, Maurice Wigglethorpe Throom.
The ad is focuses on the tension caused by the ongoing confusion between his comparison website and Comparethemeekat.com, run by meerkat Alexandr Orlov. It is the second ad to feature Webb. The first instalment launched on Boxing Day.
While the campaign does not feature the brand’s meerkat mascot, Alexandr Orlov, it will continue to run ads featuring the successful character separately. A climax of Orlov meeting Wigglethorpe Throom is expecting to happen in future campaigns.
The ad was written by Jonathan Thake and directed by Simon Cole through HSI.
The campaign will be supported by online, eCRM and online display activity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Comparethemarket.com unveils latest TV spot
- Comparethemarket hires iCrossing for SEO
- ITV pre-tax profits rise 6% led by growth in digital and production
- Comparethemarket: The lack of meerkat mascot in the comparison-site's ad could prove to be a stroke of genius
- Comparethemarket signs £30m deal to sponsor Corrie
- Comparethemarket in meerkat toys giveaway
- Comparethemarket.com promotes Nicola Stubbs
- planning Director Twist Recruitment £80000 - £100000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager [Beauty Account] - Excellent London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k + great benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Superb Central London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k, Central London
- Trading Sales Mnager, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + +20-30k bonus, London
- Agency digital trading desk Account Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web