Three taps into clip-sharing vogue in ad campaign
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 01 March 2013 01:10PM
Three is launching a campaign with the strapline, 'Silly stuff. It matters', which will tap into the vogue for sharing funny clips or photos online.
The campaign, created by Wieden & Kennedy, will be aired tonight at 7.45pm on ITV, and the ad's star is Socks, a Shetland pony with an extraordinary talent for moonwalking.
The ad aims to show that every Tweet and Facebook update and user-generated video clip is not a meaningless way to pass the time, but a modern-day gesture that builds friendships and cement relationships.
Three was one of the successful bidders for the much-trumpeted 4G mobile spectrum, paying £225m for its coverage. Other successful bidders included Vodafone, EE and BT.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Comms Planning Director Lipton Fleming £45000.00 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Membership Royal Pharmaceutical Society c. £55K, Lambeth, London (Please note we are relocating to 66-68 East Smithfield Street, E1W in 2015)
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Head of Business Development Lipton Fleming £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Bonus , London