Three taps into clip-sharing vogue in ad campaign
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 01 March 2013 01:10PM
Three is launching a campaign with the strapline, 'Silly stuff. It matters', which will tap into the vogue for sharing funny clips or photos online.
The campaign, created by Wieden & Kennedy, will be aired tonight at 7.45pm on ITV, and the ad's star is Socks, a Shetland pony with an extraordinary talent for moonwalking.
The ad aims to show that every Tweet and Facebook update and user-generated video clip is not a meaningless way to pass the time, but a modern-day gesture that builds friendships and cement relationships.
Three was one of the successful bidders for the much-trumpeted 4G mobile spectrum, paying £225m for its coverage. Other successful bidders included Vodafone, EE and BT.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Insight and Analytics Consultant Direct Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000,
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure