Three taps into clip-sharing vogue in ad campaign
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 01 March 2013 01:10PM
Three is launching a campaign with the strapline, 'Silly stuff. It matters', which will tap into the vogue for sharing funny clips or photos online.
The campaign, created by Wieden & Kennedy, will be aired tonight at 7.45pm on ITV, and the ad's star is Socks, a Shetland pony with an extraordinary talent for moonwalking.
The ad aims to show that every Tweet and Facebook update and user-generated video clip is not a meaningless way to pass the time, but a modern-day gesture that builds friendships and cement relationships.
Three was one of the successful bidders for the much-trumpeted 4G mobile spectrum, paying £225m for its coverage. Other successful bidders included Vodafone, EE and BT.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Communications Executive EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment £200 per day, City of London
- Brochure Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28-30k pro rata, London
- Junior Creative Team become £20k-£30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Analytics Manager - Media Agency - Data and Insights Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Qualiitative Research Manager / Central London / (c. £30,000-£45,000 depending on exp.) Trace £30,000 to £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'