Three taps into clip-sharing vogue in ad campaign
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 01 March 2013 01:10PM
Three is launching a campaign with the strapline, 'Silly stuff. It matters', which will tap into the vogue for sharing funny clips or photos online.
The campaign, created by Wieden & Kennedy, will be aired tonight at 7.45pm on ITV, and the ad's star is Socks, a Shetland pony with an extraordinary talent for moonwalking.
The ad aims to show that every Tweet and Facebook update and user-generated video clip is not a meaningless way to pass the time, but a modern-day gesture that builds friendships and cement relationships.
Three was one of the successful bidders for the much-trumpeted 4G mobile spectrum, paying £225m for its coverage. Other successful bidders included Vodafone, EE and BT.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- SEO / Search Specialist, Travel, Surrey, £30-33k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £33000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits!, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Source Ã‚£28000 - Ã‚£35000 per annum, London
- Mid-weight Project Manager Red Sofa London Ã‚£35000.00 - Ã‚£40000.00 per annum, West London
- Account Director / Senior Account Director £45-55k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Berkshire
- Account Director - Retail - £45-55k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Central London