Three taps into clip-sharing vogue in ad campaign
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 01 March 2013 01:10PM
Three is launching a campaign with the strapline, 'Silly stuff. It matters', which will tap into the vogue for sharing funny clips or photos online.
The campaign, created by Wieden & Kennedy, will be aired tonight at 7.45pm on ITV, and the ad's star is Socks, a Shetland pony with an extraordinary talent for moonwalking.
The ad aims to show that every Tweet and Facebook update and user-generated video clip is not a meaningless way to pass the time, but a modern-day gesture that builds friendships and cement relationships.
Three was one of the successful bidders for the much-trumpeted 4G mobile spectrum, paying £225m for its coverage. Other successful bidders included Vodafone, EE and BT.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Senior Planner - 4 Days Part Time Dynamic New Alliances £55000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + benefits, London
- Account Director [Car Account] - Advertising Agency Fill Recruitment c£55k+, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- PR / Account Executive Twist Recruitment £18000 - £24000 per annum + Gym, Bonus, Heathcare!, City of London
- Business Development Manager - £45-50k - (£80-100k OTE) Salt £45000 - £50000 per annum + (£80-100k OTE) + benefits , City of London