Three taps into clip-sharing vogue in ad campaign
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 01 March 2013 01:10PM
Three is launching a campaign with the strapline, 'Silly stuff. It matters', which will tap into the vogue for sharing funny clips or photos online.
The campaign, created by Wieden & Kennedy, will be aired tonight at 7.45pm on ITV, and the ad's star is Socks, a Shetland pony with an extraordinary talent for moonwalking.
The ad aims to show that every Tweet and Facebook update and user-generated video clip is not a meaningless way to pass the time, but a modern-day gesture that builds friendships and cement relationships.
Three was one of the successful bidders for the much-trumpeted 4G mobile spectrum, paying £225m for its coverage. Other successful bidders included Vodafone, EE and BT.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager (ABM) Food / FMCG William Jackson Food Group £competitive, Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Agency Royds Raphael £35k-£38k+bonus+excellent benefits, London
- Project Manager - Branding & Design FREELANCE / CONTRACT Royds Raphael £150-£180+ neg day rate, London
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad