Three taps into clip-sharing vogue in ad campaign
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 01 March 2013 01:10PM
Three is launching a campaign with the strapline, 'Silly stuff. It matters', which will tap into the vogue for sharing funny clips or photos online.
The campaign, created by Wieden & Kennedy, will be aired tonight at 7.45pm on ITV, and the ad's star is Socks, a Shetland pony with an extraordinary talent for moonwalking.
The ad aims to show that every Tweet and Facebook update and user-generated video clip is not a meaningless way to pass the time, but a modern-day gesture that builds friendships and cement relationships.
Three was one of the successful bidders for the much-trumpeted 4G mobile spectrum, paying £225m for its coverage. Other successful bidders included Vodafone, EE and BT.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager AF Selection £26,000 - £28,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Account Manager AF Selection £30,000 - £32,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search / Biddable Manager - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum To £50,000 + benefits, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London ...