Disney Channel and Disney Junior UK to start running spot ads
Disney UK & Ireland is going to start selling spot advertising on the Disney Channel and Disney Junior UK for the first time in July.
Disneymedia+, Disney’s integrated advertising, promotions and marketing solutions arm led by Bobi Carley, will now sell spot ad campaigns across Disney Channel and Disney Junior UK as well as Disney XD, which has carried ads since 2009.
The existing 20-strong Disneymedia+ UK sales team will sell the spot ads alongside marketing solutions, such as the tie up between the new 'Wreck-it Ralph' film and the Samsung Galaxy Note II smartphone.
The ads will start from 1 July 2013 and Disney will continue to monitor all commercial messages to ensure ads are appropriate for the age of children watching each channel and conform to regulatory guidelines.
Disneymedia+ was set up in April 2011 to offer brands a central sales point with which to do commercial deals, including partnerships with Disney assets such as characters, films and DVD releases.
For example VisitScotland partnered with The Walt Disney Company EMEA and its film 'Brave' to launch a global marketing campaign featuring Billy Connolly, Emma Thompson and Robbie Coltrane.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid-weight Designer with super cool boutique agency Dahling Ltd £28-35k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight or Senior Conceptual Creative Team Dahling Ltd £30-45k or £60-90k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Junior Conceptual Creative or a Junior Creative team- TOP BOUTIQUE CREATIVE AGENCY!!!! Dahling Ltd £20-25k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Project Manager - Client Side - Blue Chip - CRM, Data, Backend Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits +75% off travel , London
- CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER (Brand Guardian, Marketing, Strategy) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Surrey