Mothercare appoints Havas Worldwide London
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 04 March 2013 12:16PM
Mothercare, the retailer focused on parenting and childcare, has appointed Havas Worldwide London to handle its integrated advertising account.
The agency landed the business following a final head-to-head pitch against Bartle Bogle Hegarty. Joint had been knocked out of the process at an earlier stage.
Sources familiar with the pitch process said that Havas will work on a brief that covers advertising, retail activity, CRM and design.
The review process was co-ordinated by Oystercatchers and followed the recent appointment of Jude Bridge, the global brand and marketing director.
Mothercare is not currently a significant spender on above-the-line advertising, but is looking to support its brand following an announcement in November last year that a turnaround plan was working.
Agencies including BBH and St Luke’s have previously worked on the Mothercare brand. However, it did not retain an ad agency immediately ahead of the pitch.
A statement from Mothercare said: "Mothercare has appointed Havas Worldwide London as its strategic communications agency working on a number of creative and strategic projects."
Russ Lidstone, Havas Worldwide London's chief executive, said: "We're very proud to be selected to work with Mothercare, one of the UK's most cherished and pre-eminent brands."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater), South East
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand & Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff