Mothercare appoints Havas Worldwide London
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 04 March 2013 12:16PM
Mothercare, the retailer focused on parenting and childcare, has appointed Havas Worldwide London to handle its integrated advertising account.
The agency landed the business following a final head-to-head pitch against Bartle Bogle Hegarty. Joint had been knocked out of the process at an earlier stage.
Sources familiar with the pitch process said that Havas will work on a brief that covers advertising, retail activity, CRM and design.
The review process was co-ordinated by Oystercatchers and followed the recent appointment of Jude Bridge, the global brand and marketing director.
Mothercare is not currently a significant spender on above-the-line advertising, but is looking to support its brand following an announcement in November last year that a turnaround plan was working.
Agencies including BBH and St Luke’s have previously worked on the Mothercare brand. However, it did not retain an ad agency immediately ahead of the pitch.
A statement from Mothercare said: "Mothercare has appointed Havas Worldwide London as its strategic communications agency working on a number of creative and strategic projects."
Russ Lidstone, Havas Worldwide London's chief executive, said: "We're very proud to be selected to work with Mothercare, one of the UK's most cherished and pre-eminent brands."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Head of Customer and Digital Transformation Spotlight Recruitment £80000 - £90000 per annum + 30% bonus and great benefits, London
- Senior Digital Creative/Designer Pitch Consultants £35000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, Leicestershire
- Junior Account Director, Retail, Manchester Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Manchester
- Regional Marketing Manager Mortimer Spinks £37000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Milton Keynes
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control