Mothercare appoints Havas Worldwide London
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 04 March 2013 12:16PM
Mothercare, the retailer focused on parenting and childcare, has appointed Havas Worldwide London to handle its integrated advertising account.
The agency landed the business following a final head-to-head pitch against Bartle Bogle Hegarty. Joint had been knocked out of the process at an earlier stage.
Sources familiar with the pitch process said that Havas will work on a brief that covers advertising, retail activity, CRM and design.
The review process was co-ordinated by Oystercatchers and followed the recent appointment of Jude Bridge, the global brand and marketing director.
Mothercare is not currently a significant spender on above-the-line advertising, but is looking to support its brand following an announcement in November last year that a turnaround plan was working.
Agencies including BBH and St Luke’s have previously worked on the Mothercare brand. However, it did not retain an ad agency immediately ahead of the pitch.
A statement from Mothercare said: "Mothercare has appointed Havas Worldwide London as its strategic communications agency working on a number of creative and strategic projects."
Russ Lidstone, Havas Worldwide London's chief executive, said: "We're very proud to be selected to work with Mothercare, one of the UK's most cherished and pre-eminent brands."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Freelance Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager Prospect Resourcing Ltd £150 - £200 per day, London (Greater)
- Digital Creative Director - (Copy) £75,000 London EC2 Mark Paine Recruitment to £75,000 plus benefits, EC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- SEO Manager - Client-side! Leading UK Lifestyle Publisher! Ultimate Asset £45000 per annum, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Sales Manager - Video, Mobile & TV plus some management Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- Design Director - Global Packaging Design Agency - Farringdon Twist Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + very good benefits , City of London
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account