HSBC shows the power of international connections in 'the lemon grove'
HSBC has followed up last year's "lemonade" campaign with a new ad that shows how the young girl from the original spot is growing her business internationally.
The spot, created by JWT London, launches today and shows the girl from last year’s ad travelling to India to meet an entrepreneurial young lemon grower before taking a phone call from a young boy in France who is selling her lemonade.
Where the little girl’s business was once a simple stall selling lemonade in different currencies on an American street, ‘Heavenly Lemonade’ now has an Indian supplier and a French distributor.
The idea behind the ad is to promote the idea that businesses’ future prospects will depend on international partnerships and that HSBC is well positioned to help companies develop in this way.
"The lemon grove" is part of HSBC’s ‘In The Future’ campaign and will be supported by further activity from HSBC’s business divisions, including retail, in key markets such as the UK.
At JWT London the global creative director on HSBC is Axel Chaldecott and the creative directors are Hugh Todd and Adam Scholes. Traktor was responsible for the direction and the production company was Partizan.
Andrea Newman, global head of advertising and marketing communications, HSBC, said: "HSBC’s global footprint, knowledge and resources facilitate international business opportunities for its customers. The marketing aims to bring this to life with a sense of warmth, simplicity and optimism to inspire growth."
Mindshare has handled the media planning and buying for the campaign.
HSBC is currently reviewing its global creative account and JWT London is competing against sister WPP shop Grey and Saatchi & Saatchi for the business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager - £60K - Fashion - Buckinghams Salt £55000 - £65000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Italian Marketing Executive, Travel, Soho Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, London
- Private Bank - Digital Marketing, eCRM Campaign & Marketing Operations Manager - Associate - London J.P.Morgan JPMorgan Chase & Co. offer an exceptional benefits program and highly competitive compensation., Knightsbridge
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'