RAC splits media account between Mindshare and Unique
RAC, the breakdown service, has appointed Mindshare and the digital media specialist Unique to handle its estimated £10m planning and buying duties, ending its relationship with ZenithOptimedia.
It is understood Mindshare has won the £5m above-the-line planning and buying business, while Unique will handle RAC’s digital media, including SEO and pay-per-click (PPC).
According to Nielsen, RAC spent £4.8m in the 12 months to the end of September 2012. It is estimated that the organisation spends another £5m on digital.
The review process kicked off in January and, after holding prospective meetings with a number of agencies, RAC moved quickly into formal stages. The pitches took place last week.
It is understood that a range of agencies took part in the process, including OMD UK, as well as the digital agency Agenda21.
ZenithOptimedia won the RAC business as part of the Aviva account in January 2010, but the insurance giant sold RAC to the private-equity company The Carlyle Group in June 2011.
A spokesman for ZenithOptimedia declined to comment. A spokeswoman for Unique confirmed its appointment, while spokespeople for RAC and Mindshare had not responded to requests for comment by time of publication.
Bartle Bogle Hegarty picked up RAC’s ad account in August 2012 after a protracted pitch involving the incumbent, Rapier, as well as Grey, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R and Saatchi & Saatchi.
Rapier had worked on the RAC digital and direct marketing business since May 2011 and the advertising account since July 2011
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Analysis Manager Ninesharp £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Communications Manager (Instore Marketing) - Top 4 Food Retailer Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Bradford, West Yorkshire
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Instagram partners with Omnicom to launch ad service in the UK
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account