WPP confirms merger of OgilvyAction and G2
WPP has confirmed it is going to merge OgilvyAction, its shopper-marketing agency, with its digital agency G2, as reported in Campaign last week.
WPP said in a statement the OgilvyAction and G2 networks would combine to form a joint venture it claims will be the "largest and most geographically complete activation agency in the world".
The integration of people and resources has already begun, but the merged entity will formally launch in May.
Geographically, the two agencies are complementary, and WPP hopes that by combining the two, it will be able to drive their specialist services more strongly in emerging markets.
Last week, an Ogilvy spokeswoman denied discussions about a merger were taking place between G2 and Ogilvy Group.
In a statement, the Ogilvy spokeswoman added: "There are, however, ongoing discussions between G2, Ogilvy and other WPP companies about collaborating in a number of strategic areas."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated / Shopper - FMCG - Superb agency! Fill Recruitment Up to £32k plus great benefits, London (Greater)
- Associate Director - Communities Research Hasson Associates £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Content Director - Social / Digital - [Drinks] - Excellent agency - to £40k+ Fill Recruitment £40k+ as well as superb benefits, London (Greater)
- Mid-weight / Senior Brand Planner Rare Selection £50K + excellent benefits including pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- Johnny Fearless closes after client departure
- WPP launches Xaxis Audio with Global
- Google aims to hold brands' hands with 'programmatic playbook'
- Manning Gottlieb OMD, MediaCom and PHD head shortlist for 2015 Thinkbox TV Planning Awards