Bacardi holds PR pitch to take music platform forward
Bacardi is understood to be holding a six-figure pitch for its Bacardi Beginnings music platform as it looks to drive engagement among its core audience of males in their mid-twenties.
The rum brand created the Bacardi Beginnings platform last year as part of its 150th anniversary celebrations to connect with its male consumers around the age of 25.
Established UK music artists Friendly Fires, Mylo and Joe Goddard were each given a £10,000 grant to mentor and raise the profile of up and coming music talents AlunaGeorge, Ronika, and Jessie Ware, through collaborations and performances.
The initiative was handled by Glassjar and Instinct PR and featured the messaging: ‘150 years of starting parties – that’s 150 years of throwing legendary parties, bringing people together over great music and great drinks’.
Bacardi is looking to keep the platform focused on music, but neither Glassjar nor Instinct are involved.
Bacardi was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London