Betfair calls Euro creative review
Betfair is seeking an agency to handle its pan-European advertising business.
The betting exchange is approaching agencies directly about the review, which will include the UK and selected European markets.
The process will run alongside Betfair’s pan-European media planning and buying review, which kicked off in January. Arena Media has handled planning and buying in the UK since January 2012.
Betfair has worked with Big Al’s Creative Emporium on its advertising business since June 2011 but also creates some of its campaigns in-house. Karmarama handles Betfair’s digital account.
The betting company spends £3 million on advertising in the UK, according to Nielsen. Its most recent pan-European ad campaign, which was launched last year, made direct price comparisons with rivals including William Hill and Bet365.
The ad, created in-house, featured a new strapline, "Don’t settle for less", and ran across TV, print and online.
In August last year, Betfair signed a deal to sponsor the Europa League on ESPN, covering all live matches, repeats and highlights shows.
The deal followed an overhaul of Betfair’s sports sponsorship activity that included introducing Will Greenwood, Michael Vaughan, Lee Dixon and Paul Nicholls as brand ambassadors.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Producer Nu Creative Talent £0.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing and Content Executive, Charity, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Director Dahling Ltd £45K + benefits, East Central London
- Paid Search Planner - Top 10 Media Agency - PPC Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Wilkinson rebrands to Wilko in TV campaign
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD