Philadelphia calls £35m Euro ad pitch
Philadelphia, the cream-cheese range, is reviewing its £35 million pan-European advertising account.
The business is handled by JWT, which has a long-standing relationship with the brand’s owner, Mondelez International, formerly Kraft Foods.
Philadelphia is looking to appoint an agency to work across Europe, with the focus expected to be on the major markets of the UK, France and Germany. The brand spends £7 million on UK advertising across its cheese, chocolate, garlic and herbs and light variants.
JWT London created a campaign last year for Philadelphia’s cream-cheese and chocolate spread. However, Denham Productions has handled recent UK ad campaigns for the core Philadelphia cheese product. It is unclear whether JWT intends to repitch.
Mondelez has approached agencies on its roster about the pitch, which follows pan-European reviews of its brands Toblerone and Tassimo last year. Mcgarrybowen won both accounts.
In September 2011, Beattie McGuinness Bungay picked up the £3 million account for Philadelphia’s sister brand Dairylea after a competitive pitch, ending a long relationship with JWT.
BMB extended its relationship with Dairylea in January when its content and social arm, BMB Neon, won the brand’s digital account.
Mondelez was created in October last year after the decision to spin off the Kraft Foods North America grocery business. Its European revenues are more than $13 billion, accounting for 37 per cent of the total business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- PPC Executive - Digital Media Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager - Experiential and Events - 38K - 42K Bamboo Crowd £38K - £42K, Central London
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Leicester
- Senior Account Director - Festival Activation and Music Sponsorship - 55K - 60K Bamboo Crowd £55K - £60K , Central London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity