Philadelphia calls £35m Euro ad pitch
Philadelphia, the cream-cheese range, is reviewing its £35 million pan-European advertising account.
The business is handled by JWT, which has a long-standing relationship with the brand’s owner, Mondelez International, formerly Kraft Foods.
Philadelphia is looking to appoint an agency to work across Europe, with the focus expected to be on the major markets of the UK, France and Germany. The brand spends £7 million on UK advertising across its cheese, chocolate, garlic and herbs and light variants.
JWT London created a campaign last year for Philadelphia’s cream-cheese and chocolate spread. However, Denham Productions has handled recent UK ad campaigns for the core Philadelphia cheese product. It is unclear whether JWT intends to repitch.
Mondelez has approached agencies on its roster about the pitch, which follows pan-European reviews of its brands Toblerone and Tassimo last year. Mcgarrybowen won both accounts.
In September 2011, Beattie McGuinness Bungay picked up the £3 million account for Philadelphia’s sister brand Dairylea after a competitive pitch, ending a long relationship with JWT.
BMB extended its relationship with Dairylea in January when its content and social arm, BMB Neon, won the brand’s digital account.
Mondelez was created in October last year after the decision to spin off the Kraft Foods North America grocery business. Its European revenues are more than $13 billion, accounting for 37 per cent of the total business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- SEO & PPC Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Video Advertising Strategist Ultimate Asset £40000 - £55000 per annum + excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater)
- Account Manager- Sports Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + excellent benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Graphic Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film