Philadelphia calls £35m Euro ad pitch
Philadelphia, the cream-cheese range, is reviewing its £35 million pan-European advertising account.
The business is handled by JWT, which has a long-standing relationship with the brand’s owner, Mondelez International, formerly Kraft Foods.
Philadelphia is looking to appoint an agency to work across Europe, with the focus expected to be on the major markets of the UK, France and Germany. The brand spends £7 million on UK advertising across its cheese, chocolate, garlic and herbs and light variants.
JWT London created a campaign last year for Philadelphia’s cream-cheese and chocolate spread. However, Denham Productions has handled recent UK ad campaigns for the core Philadelphia cheese product. It is unclear whether JWT intends to repitch.
Mondelez has approached agencies on its roster about the pitch, which follows pan-European reviews of its brands Toblerone and Tassimo last year. Mcgarrybowen won both accounts.
In September 2011, Beattie McGuinness Bungay picked up the £3 million account for Philadelphia’s sister brand Dairylea after a competitive pitch, ending a long relationship with JWT.
BMB extended its relationship with Dairylea in January when its content and social arm, BMB Neon, won the brand’s digital account.
Mondelez was created in October last year after the decision to spin off the Kraft Foods North America grocery business. Its European revenues are more than $13 billion, accounting for 37 per cent of the total business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Email Marketing Executive Stopgap £22000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Small to Medium Corporate Bupa Competitive + Bonus + Car + Benefits, Staines
- LEAD CONCEPTUAL DESIGNER - PRINT/POS - CREATIVE AGENCY - c£45k Salt £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - CREATIVE AGENCY - MANCHESTER - £60k OTE £70k Salt £60000 per annum, Manchester