Altman out in IPG Mediabrands rejig
Interpublic has promoted Andy Jones, the chief executive of UM London, to the new role of chief executive of IPG Mediabrands in the UK and Ireland.
Further changes will see Alex Altman, the chief executive of Initiative, leave IPG; Anna Watkins, Initiative’s managing director and head of digital, take a wider role at the agency; and Russell Place promoted from chief strategy officer to managing director at UM London.
In his new role, Jones will have responsibility for all of IPG’s media businesses in the UK and Ireland. These include UM, Initiative and the new agency BPN; the barter company Orion; the trading arm Magna Global; the digital companies in Mediabrands Audience Platform; and the outdoor shop Rapport.
The changes mirror IPG’s structure elsewhere and Jim Hytner’s role as the chief executive of IPG Mediabrands G14. Jones said his role was to ensure divisions work together in the "most optimal" way.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Engagement Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central
- Media Planning Account Manager Lipton Fleming £30000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy