IPG hires Y&R's Carter Murray to lead Draftfcb Worldwide
Interpublic has appointed Carter Murray, the president and chief executive of Y&R North America, to the role of chief executive of Draftfcb Worldwide, replacing Laurence Boschetto.
Murray will be based in New York and lead the 9,000-strong agency with a brief to raise the quality of creative work, develop client relationships and bring in new global accounts.
He was most recently president and chief executive of Y&R North America and chief executive of Y&R New York. His previous roles include chief marketing officer and worldwide account director for Nestlé.
After beginning his career at Leo Burnett in Chicago, Murray spent time at the Publicis Groupe-owned network’s German and British offices.
Michael Roth, chairman and chief executive of IPG, said Murray "understands consumer advertising and brands" and his combination of "skills and experience" was what the agency needed to evolve its integrated model and drive growth.
Roth said Murray had demonstrated his ability to motivate teams, raise creative quality, nurture client relationships and win global business.
Boschetto will stay at the agency during the transition and will then become a consultant senior adviser to IPG.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director Twist Recruitment £40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Partnerships Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Brand Insight Planner FMCG - 12 month contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£40K-£50K + benefits package, North of London/Hertfordshire