AMV BBDO and Arc triumph at MAA Best Awards
AMV BBDO, Arc and Livity all triumphed at the Marketing Agencies Association (MAA) awards, held last night at The Brewery.
AMV BBDO scooped two awards for its Mercedes ‘Escape The Map’ campaign, picking up Best of the Best for the most outstanding piece of work, as well as well as Best Digitally led campaign.
A total of 17 agencies were awarded Best Awards and 14 others were given merits across 33 categories, in recognition of innovative and cutting-edge marketing ideas from a range of disciplines.
Specialist youth marketing agency Livity was named Agency of the Year and picked up three other awards for its Channel 4 work, including Best Consumer campaign for ‘The Stake’ and Best Strategic Thinking for ‘Top Boy’. The agency also triumphed at last year’s awards picking up four for its NSPCC's ChildLine service campaign, 'Final Verse'.
Arc, which led the lead the way with the most shortlisted entries (10) was awarded across four categories for the ‘Untouchable Covers’ campaign for industry publication Lurzer’s International Archive, which picked up Best Small Budget, Best B2B, Best Art Direction and Best Creative DM.
Other winners included Iris’ ‘Beat The Elements’ work for Unilever’s Suremen in the Best Sales promotion-led campaign category, and Wunderman’s ‘We Ride’ work for Levi Strauss & Co in Best DM led campaign.
Charmaine Eggberry, chair of the client judges and formerly global senior vice-president marketing at Nokia said: "Innovation was the key theme amongst this year’s winners. We saw cases that stood out not because of large budgets, but because they were left field, very well executed, made innovative use of communications channels and harnessed them in an utterly cohesive way."
David Harris, chair of the creative judges and formerly the executive creative director of Wunderman commented: "This year the shortlisted work was of a better quality and from a wider range of agencies than in previous years. Simple, innovative and clever creative solutions won over big budgets or techniques".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Retail Store Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £33000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show