AMV BBDO and Arc triumph at MAA Best Awards
AMV BBDO, Arc and Livity all triumphed at the Marketing Agencies Association (MAA) awards, held last night at The Brewery.
AMV BBDO scooped two awards for its Mercedes ‘Escape The Map’ campaign, picking up Best of the Best for the most outstanding piece of work, as well as well as Best Digitally led campaign.
A total of 17 agencies were awarded Best Awards and 14 others were given merits across 33 categories, in recognition of innovative and cutting-edge marketing ideas from a range of disciplines.
Specialist youth marketing agency Livity was named Agency of the Year and picked up three other awards for its Channel 4 work, including Best Consumer campaign for ‘The Stake’ and Best Strategic Thinking for ‘Top Boy’. The agency also triumphed at last year’s awards picking up four for its NSPCC's ChildLine service campaign, 'Final Verse'.
Arc, which led the lead the way with the most shortlisted entries (10) was awarded across four categories for the ‘Untouchable Covers’ campaign for industry publication Lurzer’s International Archive, which picked up Best Small Budget, Best B2B, Best Art Direction and Best Creative DM.
Other winners included Iris’ ‘Beat The Elements’ work for Unilever’s Suremen in the Best Sales promotion-led campaign category, and Wunderman’s ‘We Ride’ work for Levi Strauss & Co in Best DM led campaign.
Charmaine Eggberry, chair of the client judges and formerly global senior vice-president marketing at Nokia said: "Innovation was the key theme amongst this year’s winners. We saw cases that stood out not because of large budgets, but because they were left field, very well executed, made innovative use of communications channels and harnessed them in an utterly cohesive way."
David Harris, chair of the creative judges and formerly the executive creative director of Wunderman commented: "This year the shortlisted work was of a better quality and from a wider range of agencies than in previous years. Simple, innovative and clever creative solutions won over big budgets or techniques".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of Corporate Communications London Borough of Hounslow £55572 - 67544 per year + Final Salary Pension, Hounslow Central
- eCRM Campaign Manager PFJ £200 - £300 per day, London
- EMEA Marcomms Manager Barclay Meade £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus + benefits, London
- Planner - MW Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: A host of company benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency