Government digital head Nick Jones quits for Visa Europe
Nick Jones, the government's head of digital communications, is departing for a senior digital role at Visa Europe.
Jones will move to Visa Europe to take up the new position of vice president of corporate comms digital.
The digital guru responsible for the digital and content channels of the Prime Minister's Office and Cabinet Office, including the Prime Minister's twitter account @number10gov, is understood to be in the last day of the Downing Street job.
At Visa Jones will be reporting to senior vice president of corporate comms for Europe Fiona Wilkinson.
Jones took up the role handling digital communications for Number 10 and the Cabinet Office following the closure of the Central Office of Information where he headed up the unit’s interactive services unit.
Both Jones and Visa Europe were unavailable for comment at the time of publication.
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%