Government's top digital role filled on temporary basis
Anthony Simon has been handed the government head of digital role left vacant by Nick Jones' departure for Visa on an interim basis pending a review of the digital team.
Simon, a former journalist, has been Jones' deputy as senior digital campaigns manager since 2011.
Incoming director of government communications Alex Aiken has asked Simon to fill the position for six months to oversee a number of upcoming projects, after which the ten-person digital team will be reviewed to ensure it fits with the Government's requirements.
The change follows Jones' move to Visa Europe to take up the new position of vice-president of corporate comms digital.
Specific projects Simon will oversee include developing the GREAT campaign, promoting the UK around the world and digital activity for the G8 summit due to be held in the UK in June.
Other plans include communicating ongoing civil service reform, with a priority being the migration of government department websites over to gov.uk as part of its digital strategy for reform. The new Cabinet Office site was launched two weeks ago with Number 10 and the Deputy Prime Minister’s office websites due to move shortly.
Simon previously worked with Jones at the Central Office of Information on interactive services and has held senior editor and interactive roles at the BBC and ITN.
Simon told PRWeek: 'I will be working closely with Alex to ensure digital gets the emphasis it deserves within government communications.'
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Account Director Twist Recruitment £50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films