Bauer Media hires Sony Music strategist Mark Hardy as digital director
By Echomo Efeyini, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 11 March 2013 03:02PM
Bauer Media has hired Mark Hardy, a senior strategic director at Sony Music, in the new role of group digital director for its London lifestyle and radio brands.
Hardy, who spearheaded Sony Music's marketing strategy, will report to Paul Keenan, the chief executive of Bauer Media.
He will take blanket responsibility for Bauer Media's web, social and mobile divisions, and will initially concentrate on building up its existing brands. He will also work on developing the company's prominence and audience through new digital services.
Prior to his position at Sony Music, Hardy was the marketing director for Simon Cowell-owned Syco Entertainment, where he presided over the global launch of the pop group, One Direction. The band was the first British group to debut at number one in the US album chart.
Hardy was also European marketing director at Sony PlayStation and marketing director at the Walt Disney Company, leading Disney and Pixar's UK marketing campaigns.
Keenan said: "Mark's unique experience of marketing branded content globally will be exceptionally valuable to us as we accelerate the digital migration of our world-famous brands."
Hardy said that, with "such a strong portfolio", Bauer was well positioned to take advantage of changing consumer needs, marketing channels and revenue streams.
He added: "I am confident that my broad experience in digital, entertainment and branded content will bring a new perspective to a company that is already driving innovation in this space."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head Of Insight Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Strategist, Top London Agency Direct Recruitment £45,000-£70,000, London (Greater)
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Instagram partners with Omnicom to launch ad service in the UK
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account