Old Spice gets a wolfdog for marketing director in new YouTube ad
By Gordon MacMillan, brandrepublic.com, Tuesday, 12 March 2013 10:41AM
Old Spice pokes some fun at marketing directors in a YouTube ad that announces the arrival of "Director Wolfdog, Old Spice's new Director of Marketing" and promotes the brand's Wild Collection.
Mr Wolfdog has taken the "smart decision to create this popular website to show you all of my marketings".
Unlike some, Wolfdog is at least on the curve with his GIF laden Tumblr blog making him possibly the first non-human marketing director/wolfdog with a blog and a Twitter account and a human voice (provided via advanced wolfdog technology).
The ad follows two online and TV Old Spice spots for its Wild Collection last month, "poker face" and "irresistible", featuring men managing to increase their allure with the help of some wolves.
Continue reading on The Wall blog
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Social Media Manager/Director Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Online Trading/Commercial Manager Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne