Shell admits failings of garage food in tongue-in-cheek campaign
Shell is acknowledging the poor reputation of garage food with a tongue-in-cheek campaign that promotes Deli2Go, its forecourt food range.
Shell hopes the upcoming activity, which features images of its freshly-prepared baguettes and handmade Cornish pasties, will make customers reassess its food offering.
Activity will be based around the strapline, "Proud not to serve garage food", and follows a "significant investment" its store formats last year.
Point-of-sale activity, created by Proximity launches this week and will include a newspaper rack announcing, "good food found at a garage". Posters will claim Shell bucks the trend by serving good quality garage food.
The campaign comes after Waitrose put on hold plans to roll out more of its outlets in Shell petrol stations following a pilot scheme. Environmental pressure group Greenpeace claimed the change in policy came as a result of its campaign attacking the partnership.
Rado Svec, convenience retail manager at Shell, said "no one else" has tackled the perception quality food cannot be found in service stations.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Account Director Dynamic New Alliances 45-55k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad