Tom Hardy, Adrien Brody and Henry Cavill star in JWT AFP for Shell Helix
JWT London has created a three-part advertiser-funded series starring Hollywood stars Tom Hardy, Adrien Brody and Henry Cavill, to promote Shell's Helix Ultra premium oil.
The ‘Shell Helix Driven to Extremes’ series, which will run on the Discovery Channel, has the stars paired with professional drivers to tackle some of the harshest environments in the world and find out how Shell Helix Ultra performs under extreme conditions.
In the first episode, Hardy, the star of ‘The Dark Knight’, is paired with F1 legend Mika Salo. They travel along the Kolyma Highway in Siberia, where temperatures can drop as low as minus 60 degrees Celsius.
Cavill, who appears as Superman in ‘Man of Steel’, travels to China’s Taklamakan desert, while Brody tackles driving through the Johor jungle in southern Malaysia during monsoon season.
The series will air globally, launching in the UK this Sunday, 17 March. JWT London has also created digital communications, including online advertising, mobile apps and websites and a YouTube channel, ‘Shell Helix – Driven to Extremes’, through JWT Entertainment.
Russell Ramsey was the executive creative director; Jaspar Shelbourne was the creative director; Dean Baker the TV producer; and James Woodruffe and Marcus Leveridge directed the series through JWT Entertainment and North One.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Account Manager Stopgap £135 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- 3x Event Production roles - Snr Producer / Producer & Production Assist.- Integrated & Experiential Rocket Recruitment £22,000 - 45,000 , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Assistant Sparx Up to £30,000 per annum + excellent benefits, Exeter, Devon
- Sales Manager, Stuff and What Hi-Fi? Haymarket Media Group £30k-£40k plus commission (depending on experience, Teddington, London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred