Tom Hardy, Adrien Brody and Henry Cavill star in JWT AFP for Shell Helix
JWT London has created a three-part advertiser-funded series starring Hollywood stars Tom Hardy, Adrien Brody and Henry Cavill, to promote Shell's Helix Ultra premium oil.
The ‘Shell Helix Driven to Extremes’ series, which will run on the Discovery Channel, has the stars paired with professional drivers to tackle some of the harshest environments in the world and find out how Shell Helix Ultra performs under extreme conditions.
In the first episode, Hardy, the star of ‘The Dark Knight’, is paired with F1 legend Mika Salo. They travel along the Kolyma Highway in Siberia, where temperatures can drop as low as minus 60 degrees Celsius.
Cavill, who appears as Superman in ‘Man of Steel’, travels to China’s Taklamakan desert, while Brody tackles driving through the Johor jungle in southern Malaysia during monsoon season.
The series will air globally, launching in the UK this Sunday, 17 March. JWT London has also created digital communications, including online advertising, mobile apps and websites and a YouTube channel, ‘Shell Helix – Driven to Extremes’, through JWT Entertainment.
Russell Ramsey was the executive creative director; Jaspar Shelbourne was the creative director; Dean Baker the TV producer; and James Woodruffe and Marcus Leveridge directed the series through JWT Entertainment and North One.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £24,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director, maternity contract - high end creative for fashion, retail, luxury Story Recruitment £45-50k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood