Albion lands £10m YouView creative account after pitch
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 March 2013 08:00AM
Albion has picked up the £10 million advertising account for the internet-connected TV platform YouView.
The shop defeated agencies including The Red Brick Road, Kream London, Heavenly, Creature London and Bray Leino to secure the business after a series of pitches earlier this month.
YouView called the review in January after Adam & Eve/DDB resigned the account at the end of December. The pitch was overseen by YouView’s marketing team with its outgoing non-executive chairman, Lord Sugar, taking a close interest.
Adam & Eve/DDB launched its first major ad campaign in September last year. The TV spot showed actors and characters including Sherlock’s Benedict Cumberbatch, Doctor Who’s Daleks and Downton Abbey’s Dame Maggie Smith projected on to buildings.
YouView is a joint venture between TalkTalk, BT, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, the BBC and Arqiva. After failing to launch as scheduled in 2010 following a series of delays and technical problems, Sugar was brought in as the non-executive chairman in 2011. He resigned from the post two weeks ago.
Albion would not comment on the win.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior CRM Executive Online Resourcing Up to £34,000, Euston, London
- Marketing Executive Online Resourcing Up to £28,000, Euston, London
- Corporate Affairs Manager Stopgap £150 - £160 per day, London
- Global Content Manager Stopgap £35000 per annum, London
- Account Manager - Full Service Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25,000 to £30,000, Manchester
- The man who made Grey matter
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- MediaCom's Lisa Humphreys flies flag for media in '35 women under 35' list