EDF extends Paralympic sponsorship until Rio 2016
EDF Energy has renewed its sponsorship of The British Paralympic Association (BPA) up until the Rio Olympics in 2016.
The deal means the energy supplier will support the ParalympicsGB team and join BT, Sainsbury's and Deloitte as a sponsor for the next four years, which will encompass next year's Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.
EDF will also continue its 'Team EDF' ambassador programme, in which saw supported individual Paralympic athletes, including swimmer Ellie Simmonds, during London 2012.
Tim Hollingsworth, chief executive at the BPA, said: "Their [EDF Energy’s] Green Team initiative for London and their fundraising have had a genuine impact on our organisation and we can't wait to start working together on plans for the future.
"EDF Energy employees got fully behind our charitable partnership with the BPA and raised over £650,000, which exceeded the fundraising target we set ourselves three years ago."
EDF Energy's parent company started supporting the Paralympic Movement in 1992, with the sponsorship of the French National Paralympic Committee.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Mid Weight Digital Project Manager Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Marketing Executive National Housing Federation Circa £27,500 per annum + Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch