EDF extends Paralympic sponsorship until Rio 2016
EDF Energy has renewed its sponsorship of The British Paralympic Association (BPA) up until the Rio Olympics in 2016.
The deal means the energy supplier will support the ParalympicsGB team and join BT, Sainsbury's and Deloitte as a sponsor for the next four years, which will encompass next year's Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.
EDF will also continue its 'Team EDF' ambassador programme, in which saw supported individual Paralympic athletes, including swimmer Ellie Simmonds, during London 2012.
Tim Hollingsworth, chief executive at the BPA, said: "Their [EDF Energy’s] Green Team initiative for London and their fundraising have had a genuine impact on our organisation and we can't wait to start working together on plans for the future.
"EDF Energy employees got fully behind our charitable partnership with the BPA and raised over £650,000, which exceeded the fundraising target we set ourselves three years ago."
EDF Energy's parent company started supporting the Paralympic Movement in 1992, with the sponsorship of the French National Paralympic Committee.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Modelling Manager Premier Media £30000 - £35000 per annum, East London
- CGI Artist Premier Media £25000 - £30000 per annum, East London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot