Premier Foods brings Ambrosia Custard back to TV after 10-year absence
Premier Foods is launching its first TV ad campaign for Ambrosia Custard in 10 years, aiming to reinvent the brand as relevant to modern British family life.
The TV and cinema campaign, created by JWT London, sees the brand adopt the strapline "This is pudding". The clip shows custard being poured over puddings, with the aim of conveying that adding custard is a "little expression of care". The campaign launches today (15 March).
Ambrosia Custard had previously run Westcountry-themed advertising, using the line "Devon knows how they make it so creamy".
Claire Harrison-Church, category business unit director, at Premier Foods, said: "Though they’ve always been loved, traditional British puddings are back in vogue, making this the perfect time for Ambrosia to prove its relevance. The aim of the campaign is to reawaken an emotional connection with Ambrosia by making it relevant to today’s modern family."
Tracey Follows, chief strategy officer and executive partner at JWT London, added: "This work comes from our deep understanding of what comfort food is to the modern family and recognition that Ambrosia is what makes a pudding. Why settle for dessert when you can enjoy pudding."
In 2012, Ambrosia was earmarked as one of Premier Foods’ eight "power brands" receiving the bulk of marketing support, including Oxo, Mr Kipling and Hovis.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Art Director Creative Recruitment £30000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Account Manager - Entertainment Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + excellent benefits & amazing commission, London
- Senior Broadcast Buyer - FMCG & Entertainment Clients Lipton Fleming £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent benefits package, London
- Creative Teams, Copywriters, Art Directors McCann Bristol Dependent on Experience, Bristol