Dame Kelly Holmes' charity calls in Octopus Group for comms campaigns
The Dame Kelly Holmes Legacy Trust, the charity founded by Olympic gold medallist Dame Kelly Holmes, has brought in Octopus Group to support its strategic communications.
The pro-bono work over the next two years will include high-profile media campaigns for several areas of the charity's work, which involves athletes supporting and mentoring young people through personal development programmes.
The trust also supports competing and retired athletes making the transition out of elite-level sport.
Chair of the trust, Dame Kelly Holmes, said: ‘We're delighted to welcome Octopus Group as a National Supporter. We're all really excited by their plans to support our strategic objectives over the next two years.
'They have demonstrated a real understanding of the environment in which we operate and we'll be looking to benefit from all of the experience they bring from their work on Olympic activation programmes and within the skills space.’
Octopus Group MD Jon Lonsdale said: ‘Having worked with three Olympic partners in the run up to and during the Games, we're very much aware of the ongoing questions about the London 2012 legacy.
‘As a team we were keen to continue our involvement in this area and this partnership gives us an opportunity to put the knowledge that we've picked up to good use. Having now been exposed to the fantastic work that the trust is doing and the results that it is achieving, we're keen to help it as much as we can through a varied programme of activity which will include high profile launch events, research and media relations.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Community Manager - £30-40k - Charity - Surrey Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 per annum + plus benefits , London
- Exciting Internal Community Comms Manager (6 month FTC) Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, England
- Integrated Account Director: c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k + benefits, Surrey, Shere
- Account Manager - Affiliate Marketing Shape Media up to £29,000 basic depending on experience, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.