Mentos unveils 'Stay fresh' global campaign
Confectionery brand Mentos is introducing the strapline 'Stay fresh' as part of a global campaign targeting younger consumers.
The brand, owned by Italian company Perfetti Van Melle, is rolling out a TV, press and outdoor campaign warning: ‘Don’t become your dad.’
The work, by BBH, includes a trio of TV ads depicting what can happen if consumers do not ‘stay fresh’. In one spot, a man turns down an offer of a car ride with two beautiful women because their vehicle does not have seatbelts. In another, a student in a library cannot work out how to mute his mobile-phone ringtone.
Mentos has attempted to strike an irreverent tone in its ads for some time, with recent campaigns using the tagline: ‘There’s nothing like a Mentos kiss.’ However, having divers-ified beyond mint products, the brand is looking to adopt a broader positioning to promote its confectionery.
Perfetti Van Melle also owns brands such as Chupa-Chups, Fruittella and Smint.
Mentos reported a strong 2012, with UK sales of its non-gum confectionery range up 17% year on year to £16.5m, according to Nielsen. It is the UK’s fourth-biggest gum brand, behind Mars-owned Wrigley’s Extra, Air-waves and Orbit, posting annual sales of £8.5m in 2012.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Recruitment Consultant Michael Page Digital £25000 - £3000 per annum, Kingston upon Thames
- Senior Community Manager Michael Page Digital £25000 - £45000 per annum, West End
- Online Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Client Director Michael Page Digital £50000 - £55000 per annum, Leeds