McDonald's revives Monopoly-theme promotion with digital gaming functionality
McDonald's is reviving its Monopoly-themed promotion, this time offering customers the chance to win cash and product prizes via mobile devices.
Now into its eighth year, McDonald's Monopoly Fortunes rolls out today and will run across UK restaurants for six weeks.
Where previously the game could only be played on a paper "peel-and-play" game board, McDonald's is now offering customers the chance to play through mobile and tablet devices by entering a unique code from each sticker onto a virtual game board.
Prizes range from £50,000 in cash and Honda Civic cars, to millions of McDonald's food products. The fast-food chain has also tied up with Best Western to offer more than 1,200 breaks to winning customers.
As part of the game, McDonald's is bringing four products back to its menu, including the Quarter Pounder Deluxe and Cadbury Creme Egg McFlurry.
McDonald's will support the return of Monopoly with an ad campaign, by Leo Burnett, spanning TV, outdoor, digital and point-of-sale. The TV ad, in 20- and 30-second formats, will show Mr Monopoly protecting the fortunes in his futuristic lair.
The brand will also promote the game through digital channels, with a YouTube homepage takeover and updates on its McDonald's UK Facebook page. Media and digital ads were bought by OMD.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Senior Sales Executive- Fashion & Beauty Video Ultimate Asset £27000 - £35000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London
- Sales Manager - Ad-tech, Content, Video and Programmatic Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Head of Fundraising Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Peterborough
- Digital Designer Creative Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, London