Channel 4's Read joins OMD UK as head of digital
OMD UK has hired Channel 4's digital lead, Carl Read, as the new head of digital following the departure of David Hompe.
In his new role, Read will report to the OMD managing director, Dan Clays, and will take responsibility for its digital output across all channels, including display, search, social and mobile. More than 70 staff will report to him.
Read’s move to OMD marks a return to the agency side. He joined Channel 4 just over a year ago after a five-year stint at MEC, where he was its head of digital strategy.
Clays said: "Carl is an exceptional talent with a unique background to further enhance our digital offering at OMD. He has infectious enthusiasm for what’s possible and will be a brilliant leader."
Read will also join the board of the Omnicom agency, which counts Channel 4 as one of its clients, when he arrives later this year.
Jonathan Lewis, the head of digital and partnership innovation at Channel 4, said Read had "played a short but compelling role in the transition of C4’s digital offering".
Hompe stepped down as the managing partner of digital at OMD in a board restructure at the end of last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Global Head of Social Media EMR £80000 - £90000 per annum, Slough
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £46,000 per annum, South West
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/CA, London
- Digital Project Manager Brand Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum + £32,000 - £40,000, Brentwood
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Argos reviews £55 million ad account