Google hires Bednash to lead consumer marketing in EMEA
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 March 2013 08:00AM
Google has hired Graham Bednash, a co-founder of the communications planning agency Michaelides & Bednash, as its EMEA consumer marketing director.
Bednash, who most recently worked at Mindshare Worldwide as a joint head of its Invention division, will work across Google+, search and mobile products.
He will work alongside Steve Vranakis, the executive creative director of Google Creative Lab.
It is thought that Bednash will also take responsibility for managing Google’s agency relationships, which include Bartle Bogle Hegarty, M&C Saatchi and Adam & Eve/DDB in the UK.
Google would not comment on the appointment.
Bednash, along with the other M&B founder George Michaelides, stepped down from Mindshare in September last year. They had worked at the agency since October 2008 after M&B was acquired for a nominal sum and rolled into Mindshare.
Last month, Google shifted its global Chrome advertising account from BBH to 72andSunny. BBH had worked on the business for four years and positioned Chrome as a tool to unlock human potential through the tagline: "The web is what you make of it."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Product Developer Digital Gurus £60000 - £85000 Per Annum Benefits, London
- Front-end Developer Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 Per Annum Benefits, London
- Marketing and Communications Manager Source £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Associate Planning Director Lipton Fleming £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive- Luxury Retail- to £24k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch