Ogilvy & Mather hires Giovannoni as UK CEO
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 March 2013 08:00AM
Ogilvy & Mather UK has appointed Cheryl Giovannoni, the president of the WPP agency's sister branding consultancy Landor Associates, as its new chief executive, replacing Hugh Baillie.
Giovannoni will join O&M in May and her appointment ends a period of nine months during which the agency has been without a permanent chief executive.
Before Landor Associates, where she is the president, Europe and Middle East, and global Procter & Gamble client leader, Giovannoni worked at O&M in London and South Africa.
She will report to the UK chairman, Paul O’Donnell, who took over as the interim chief executive after Baillie’s departure, and work closely with Rob Smith, who was recently promoted to managing director to replace the outgoing Jaimes Leggett.
Giovannoni said: "It feels like a fresh, exciting and energetic place to be right now."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, West End
- Search Manager Aspire £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Creative Project Manager/Production Manager become £30k-£42k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Pitch Consultants £40000 - £50000 per annum, Manchester
- Campaign Manager,Professional services,London,£50k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: +excellent benefits, London
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 7 things Proximity has learned in the new Omnicom building