Ogilvy & Mather hires Giovannoni as UK CEO
Ogilvy & Mather UK has appointed Cheryl Giovannoni, the president of the WPP agency's sister branding consultancy Landor Associates, as its new chief executive, replacing Hugh Baillie.
Giovannoni will join O&M in May and her appointment ends a period of nine months during which the agency has been without a permanent chief executive.
Before Landor Associates, where she is the president, Europe and Middle East, and global Procter & Gamble client leader, Giovannoni worked at O&M in London and South Africa.
She will report to the UK chairman, Paul O’Donnell, who took over as the interim chief executive after Baillie’s departure, and work closely with Rob Smith, who was recently promoted to managing director to replace the outgoing Jaimes Leggett.
Giovannoni said: "It feels like a fresh, exciting and energetic place to be right now."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car allowance , London (Greater)
- Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief
- Phones4u goes into administration