Ogilvy & Mather hires Giovannoni as UK CEO
Ogilvy & Mather UK has appointed Cheryl Giovannoni, the president of the WPP agency's sister branding consultancy Landor Associates, as its new chief executive, replacing Hugh Baillie.
Giovannoni will join O&M in May and her appointment ends a period of nine months during which the agency has been without a permanent chief executive.
Before Landor Associates, where she is the president, Europe and Middle East, and global Procter & Gamble client leader, Giovannoni worked at O&M in London and South Africa.
She will report to the UK chairman, Paul O’Donnell, who took over as the interim chief executive after Baillie’s departure, and work closely with Rob Smith, who was recently promoted to managing director to replace the outgoing Jaimes Leggett.
Giovannoni said: "It feels like a fresh, exciting and energetic place to be right now."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Sales Executive-Video/Social/Branded Content Ultimate Asset Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Farringdon
- Client Director Major Players Ã‚£65000 - Ã‚£75000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £26000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits, City Of London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players Ã‚£25000 - Ã‚£30000 per annum, City of London
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake