Mischief grabs Birds Eye brief as Iglo Group seeks to 'own' teatime
Frozen food brand Birds Eye has handed its consolidated consumer and b2b PR and social media work to Mischief.
Birds Eye marketing director Margaret Jobling told PRWeek that consolidating the work with one agency would enable the frozen food giant to work in a more streamlined and agile way, to ‘put more money into ideas and work more effectively’.
Jobling said the agency will now focus on producing bigger ideas faster, ‘turning the volume up’ on previous activity, and is aiming to 'own' teatime and mid-week dining through social media. ‘It’s such a big channel and we felt PR was in that space,’ she added.
Incumbent Freud Communications had held the account for six years and did not formally repitch for the work. Mercieca was previously employed for b2b PR and Glue Isobar for social media.
Birds Eye recently shifted its European corporate work from Freuds to incumbent financial agency Pelham Bell Pottinger.
The pitch process, reported by PRWeek at the end of January, is understood to have been handled by Creativebrief.
The consolidated consumer, b2b and social media work could be worth up to £500,000, according to agency sources with knowledge of the brief.
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager / Executive - Temporary Freelance Adam Recruitment £100 - £150 per day + doe, Manchester
- Senior Production Manager/ Production Director Premier Media £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Mid-Senior Planner | £50-70K Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Package, City of London
- Mid Weight PM needed for Liverpool Street agency £32k Digital Gurus £32000 - £34000 per annum, London