Nestle in Kit Kat product recall scare
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 25 March 2013 09:49AM
Nestle has been forced to recall some of its Kit Kat chocolate range after small pieces of plastic were found in products.
The recall affects the Kit Kat Chunky Collection Giant Egg, the Kit Kat Chunky Hazelnut multipack and four Kit Kat Chunky variety bars – Caramel, Choc Fudge, Hazelnut and Peanut Butter.
The affected products, one of Nestle’s top-selling brands, are predominantly sold in the UK.
Nestle was forced to hurry out a statement, which said: "Seven consumers in the UK have told us they've found a piece of plastic in the product. So far, we have not received any other similar complaints, but to avoid any risk whatsoever to our consumers, we have decided to voluntarily recall the entire production of these four Kit Kat Chunky varieties and Kit Kat Chunky Collection Giant Egg manufactured from September 2012."
Nestle warned people not to eat the products and to return them unopened for a full refund.
Kit Kat’s Facebook and Twitter pages were hit by a string of enquires about the product recall from concerned consumers.
Separately, Nestle-owned Yorkie have shrunk in size for the second time in three years.
The bar has shrunk in size from 64.5g to 55g, resulting in Yorkie’s Facebook page being besieged by consumer outraged by the size reduction.
A typical comment on Facebook read: "Shame on Yorkie for shrinking the bar sizes even more. It’s like a fun size bar now and I won’t buy it anymore."Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Conceptual Copywriter - Ambitious, Strategic Agency ADLIB DOE, Bristol
- Head of UK Marketing Communications Adam Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Manchester
- Associate Marketing Director (Global Education) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Chichester, West Sussex
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch