Scripps Networks rebrands Travel Channel
Scripps Networks, the owner of the Food Network and half of UKTV, has begun a global repositioning of the Travel Channel, aligning it closer to the Scripps brand and reinvigorating its schedule.
Travel Channel US and Travel Channel International worked together to develop the blue logo and identity, which reflects the channel’s mission to represent the best of travel programming.
The changes take effect on the international version of the channel outside the US today (25 March). The US will follow "shortly thereafter".
As part of the changes the international channel is dividing its programming into six genres: Adventure Experience; Factual Travel; Lifestyle; Food; Luxury; and Travel Passions.
Design agency Lambie-Nairn worked with Travel Channel International to create new on-air promos and idents. Filmed in South Africa, they are designed to convey the experiences of travel.
Nick Thorogood, the senior vice president, content and marketing, Scripps EMEA, said: "Leveraging a well trusted brand in the US, we are building an even stronger brand together bringing our expertise and knowledge of the international market.
"We believe the new programming and presentation, alongside the new look, will appeal to all our audiences, affiliate partners and advertisers alike – it’s dynamic, fresh and delivers the experience and quality of a modern world-class channel."
Scripps Networks bought the international arm of the Travel Channel last March. It had been spun off in a management buyout in 2004.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £55k, London, Central
- Account Manager- Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £28k - £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media