Scripps Networks rebrands Travel Channel
Scripps Networks, the owner of the Food Network and half of UKTV, has begun a global repositioning of the Travel Channel, aligning it closer to the Scripps brand and reinvigorating its schedule.
Travel Channel US and Travel Channel International worked together to develop the blue logo and identity, which reflects the channel’s mission to represent the best of travel programming.
The changes take effect on the international version of the channel outside the US today (25 March). The US will follow "shortly thereafter".
As part of the changes the international channel is dividing its programming into six genres: Adventure Experience; Factual Travel; Lifestyle; Food; Luxury; and Travel Passions.
Design agency Lambie-Nairn worked with Travel Channel International to create new on-air promos and idents. Filmed in South Africa, they are designed to convey the experiences of travel.
Nick Thorogood, the senior vice president, content and marketing, Scripps EMEA, said: "Leveraging a well trusted brand in the US, we are building an even stronger brand together bringing our expertise and knowledge of the international market.
"We believe the new programming and presentation, alongside the new look, will appeal to all our audiences, affiliate partners and advertisers alike – it’s dynamic, fresh and delivers the experience and quality of a modern world-class channel."
Scripps Networks bought the international arm of the Travel Channel last March. It had been spun off in a management buyout in 2004.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated / Shopper - FMCG - Superb agency! Fill Recruitment Up to £32k plus great benefits, London (Greater)
- Associate Director - Communities Research Hasson Associates £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Content Director - Social / Digital - [Drinks] - Excellent agency - to £40k+ Fill Recruitment £40k+ as well as superb benefits, London (Greater)
- Mid-weight / Senior Brand Planner Rare Selection £50K + excellent benefits including pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- Johnny Fearless closes after client departure
- WPP launches Xaxis Audio with Global
- Google aims to hold brands' hands with 'programmatic playbook'
- Manning Gottlieb OMD, MediaCom and PHD head shortlist for 2015 Thinkbox TV Planning Awards