Comedy Central hires Vodafone's Penny Brough to lead marketing
Comedy Central UK has hired Penny Brough, Vodafone's head of consumer communications, in the role of vice-president, director of marketing.
Brough will be the most senior marketer at the Viacom International Media Networks-owned broadcaster and will oversee the brand and marketing strategy for its four channels.
She will report to Jill Offman, the senior vice-president and managing director of Comedy Central UK.
Before joining the telecoms giant as head of consumer communications for Vodafone UK, Brough worked at ad agency Wieden & Kennedy for seven years on brands such as Honda, Lurpak and Cravendale.
She also spent time on the Cadbury's account at Fallon in 2011.
Comedy Central has also promoted Chris Collie, currently director of programming and planning, to the position of vice-president, programming.
Jill Offman, who is also senior vice-president content for Comedy Central International, said: "These two appointments will bring added depth to the Comedy Central senior management team.
"Penny is an outstanding strategic marketer, as well as an avid comedy fan. We look forward to making great strides under her marketing leadership."
Comedy Central's marketing was previously looked after by Bill Griffin, who was director of marketing.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood