Carlsberg launches £10m campaign for Somersby
By James Swift, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 26 March 2013 12:02PM
Carlsberg UK has launched a nationwide campaign for its first Cider, Somersby, with a TV spot that premieres tonight to coincide with England's World Cup qualifier against Montenegro.
The ad, which will air across terrestrial channels and Sky, was created by Fold7 and pokes fun at Apple’s stores and product launches – as well as those of other tech brands – by spoofing the cider’s "technical specifications".
Fold7 won the account to run Somersby's £10m marketing campaign after a competitive pitch against Team Saatchi in February 2013. Carlsberg has previously worked with Fold7 on its beer brands, but handed Santo its global ad business following a three-way pitch in February.
On top of the TV spots, which comprise 60-second and 30-second variations, the Somersby marketing campaign also includes PR, social media and online video.
At Fold7 the creative team was Rob Porteous and Dave Askwith.
Somersby cider has been available in the off-trade (through retail outlets) since July 2012, but is being rolled out in the on-trade (pubs and restaurants etc) throughout March 2013.
David Scott, the director of marketing at Carlsberg UK, said: "The mainstream cider market has not seen a new player enter the market successfully for years. We’ve invested in creating a cold-filtered cider that has a balanced, refreshing apple taste, which has tested well with consumers.
"We’re confident that Somersby presents Carlsberg UK with a unique opportunity to tap in to a category with significant potential."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Copywriter - Brand and Internal comms agency - £50-60K plus bens The Creative Recruiter £50-60K plus bens, Central London
- Design Group Head - Growing Agency - £50-55K plus bens The Creative Recruiter £50-55K plus bens, London
- Senior Copywriter - Content and Conceptual - £35-50K plus bens The Creative Recruiter £35-50K plus bens, London
- Senior Creative Team - Step up to Creative Directors - £60-80K plus bens The Creative Recruiter £60-80K plus bens, Central London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity