Carlsberg launches £10m campaign for Somersby
By James Swift, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 26 March 2013 12:02PM
Carlsberg UK has launched a nationwide campaign for its first Cider, Somersby, with a TV spot that premieres tonight to coincide with England's World Cup qualifier against Montenegro.
The ad, which will air across terrestrial channels and Sky, was created by Fold7 and pokes fun at Apple’s stores and product launches – as well as those of other tech brands – by spoofing the cider’s "technical specifications".
Fold7 won the account to run Somersby's £10m marketing campaign after a competitive pitch against Team Saatchi in February 2013. Carlsberg has previously worked with Fold7 on its beer brands, but handed Santo its global ad business following a three-way pitch in February.
On top of the TV spots, which comprise 60-second and 30-second variations, the Somersby marketing campaign also includes PR, social media and online video.
At Fold7 the creative team was Rob Porteous and Dave Askwith.
Somersby cider has been available in the off-trade (through retail outlets) since July 2012, but is being rolled out in the on-trade (pubs and restaurants etc) throughout March 2013.
David Scott, the director of marketing at Carlsberg UK, said: "The mainstream cider market has not seen a new player enter the market successfully for years. We’ve invested in creating a cold-filtered cider that has a balanced, refreshing apple taste, which has tested well with consumers.
"We’re confident that Somersby presents Carlsberg UK with a unique opportunity to tap in to a category with significant potential."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Agency Royds Raphael £35k-£38k+bonus+excellent benefits, London
- Project Manager - Branding & Design FREELANCE / CONTRACT Royds Raphael £150-£180+ neg day rate, London
- Junior Planner for London Consumer Branding agency £20-25K Gabriele Skelton £20000 - £25000 per annum, London
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad