Warburtons appoints PepsiCo marketer Neil Campbell as managing director
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 26 March 2013 02:45PM
Warburtons has ended its nine-month search for a managing director by appointing Neil Campbell, the PepsiCo executive responsible for Gary Lineker's Walkers advertising campaign.
The bakery group has been on the hunt for a new managing director since Robert Higginson left the business in June last year.
Campbell, currently president of Tropicana’s drinks business in North America, will take up the role on July 1.
He has been with PepsiCo since 1992 and has previously held senior roles at its Walkers crisp brand, where he was one of the leading architects behind Walkers' Gary Lineker-fronted campaign.
Campbell is understood to be originally from the North West, the area where Warburtons is headquartered.
Warburton chairman Jonathan Warburton had been overseeing the day-to-day managing director duties of the business following Higginson's exit.
Campbell will work closely with marketing director Mark Simister, who last year replaced long-standing incumbent Richard Hayes.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager AF Selection £23,000 - £28,000 DOE , East Midlands Region
- Production / Traffic Manager - Print / Packaging Network Career Consultants £38000 - £43000 per annum, Wiltshire
- Head of Marketing and Communications Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £34000 - £36000 per annum, West Midlands / Birmingham, West Midlands
- Customer Brand Manager Premier Foods £dependent on experience + car/allowance + package, South East England / Bedfordshire / Buckinghamshire / Hertfordshire / London (Greater)