Warburtons appoints PepsiCo marketer Neil Campbell as managing director
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 26 March 2013 02:45PM
Warburtons has ended its nine-month search for a managing director by appointing Neil Campbell, the PepsiCo executive responsible for Gary Lineker's Walkers advertising campaign.
The bakery group has been on the hunt for a new managing director since Robert Higginson left the business in June last year.
Campbell, currently president of Tropicana’s drinks business in North America, will take up the role on July 1.
He has been with PepsiCo since 1992 and has previously held senior roles at its Walkers crisp brand, where he was one of the leading architects behind Walkers' Gary Lineker-fronted campaign.
Campbell is understood to be originally from the North West, the area where Warburtons is headquartered.
Warburton chairman Jonathan Warburton had been overseeing the day-to-day managing director duties of the business following Higginson's exit.
Campbell will work closely with marketing director Mark Simister, who last year replaced long-standing incumbent Richard Hayes.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits, London
- Planner, Top Direct Marketing/Digital Agency London Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £65,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show