JWT India fires team behind controversial Ford ads
The JWT India creative team responsible for a series of print ads featuring images of scantily clad bound and gagged women in the back of a Ford car, has been fired.
The ads, which were not approved by JWT’s client Ford, were posted on the website Adsoftheworld.com last week, but were subsequently removed.
However, they had already attracted worldwide condemnation given that India has been embroiled in a series of shocking sex attacks on women, including the gang rape of a student on a Delhi bus.
In a statement, JWT said: "After a thorough internal review, we have taken appropriate disciplinary action with those involved, which included the exit of employees at JWT.
"These were necessary steps owing to the direct accountability of the concerned individuals, as we work to ensure that both the right oversight and processes are strictly enforced so that this never happens again."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Senior Account Director (Maternity Contract) - International Agency Fill Recruitment to £60k pro rata, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - West London Agency Fill Recruitment to £38k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager [Integrated] - Superb Agency Fill Recruitment to £38k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire