OMD UK consolidates £2m lifeboat account
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 27 March 2013 09:25AM
OMD UK has won the above-the-line media planning and buying account for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) after a three-way pitch.
The account has been added to OMD’s existing contract for the RNLI’s direct response and acquisition services, taking the total value of its contract to £2m.
The Omnicom-owned agency was awarded the account after pitching against All Response Media and Media Wow. The RNLI previously worked with a roster of nine small agencies on its various campaigns.
In a consolidated approach, OMD will now be the sole agency tasked with the charity’s media strategy, planning and buying, including paid search, SEO, data analytics and social.
RNLI provides a 24-hour search and rescue service around the UK and Republic of Ireland coasts, operating more than 236 lifeboat stations.
OMD will start work with immediate effect, working on the charity’s four annual campaigns, which aim to boost fundraising and raise awareness of safety at sea.
The campaigns will take place this summer and include a drive to boost donations to the charity through wills, a campaign promoting coastal safety, a schools education programme, and a community and events programme.
Clare McDermott, the head of marketing at the RNLI, said: "As a charity reliant on the public for over 98% of income annually, we need to continually improve the way in which we raise funds.
"Optimising all available channels to appeal to our supporters, both current and future, is our overarching aim and I’m very pleased that OMD will be with us as we further develop our fundraising strategy and improve efficiency."
For every £1 donated to the RNLI, 85p is spent directly on lifesaving and 15p is reinvested to support the work of volunteer crews, lifeguards and flood rescue teams.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Retail Store Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £33000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show