OMD UK consolidates £2m lifeboat account
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 27 March 2013 09:25AM
OMD UK has won the above-the-line media planning and buying account for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) after a three-way pitch.
The account has been added to OMD’s existing contract for the RNLI’s direct response and acquisition services, taking the total value of its contract to £2m.
The Omnicom-owned agency was awarded the account after pitching against All Response Media and Media Wow. The RNLI previously worked with a roster of nine small agencies on its various campaigns.
In a consolidated approach, OMD will now be the sole agency tasked with the charity’s media strategy, planning and buying, including paid search, SEO, data analytics and social.
RNLI provides a 24-hour search and rescue service around the UK and Republic of Ireland coasts, operating more than 236 lifeboat stations.
OMD will start work with immediate effect, working on the charity’s four annual campaigns, which aim to boost fundraising and raise awareness of safety at sea.
The campaigns will take place this summer and include a drive to boost donations to the charity through wills, a campaign promoting coastal safety, a schools education programme, and a community and events programme.
Clare McDermott, the head of marketing at the RNLI, said: "As a charity reliant on the public for over 98% of income annually, we need to continually improve the way in which we raise funds.
"Optimising all available channels to appeal to our supporters, both current and future, is our overarching aim and I’m very pleased that OMD will be with us as we further develop our fundraising strategy and improve efficiency."
For every £1 donated to the RNLI, 85p is spent directly on lifesaving and 15p is reinvested to support the work of volunteer crews, lifeguards and flood rescue teams.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
- Marketing Manager - Innovation Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Ireland / Dublin
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- ITV chief calls for Sky and Virgin to pay for content