OMD UK consolidates £2m lifeboat account
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 27 March 2013 09:25AM
OMD UK has won the above-the-line media planning and buying account for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) after a three-way pitch.
The account has been added to OMD’s existing contract for the RNLI’s direct response and acquisition services, taking the total value of its contract to £2m.
The Omnicom-owned agency was awarded the account after pitching against All Response Media and Media Wow. The RNLI previously worked with a roster of nine small agencies on its various campaigns.
In a consolidated approach, OMD will now be the sole agency tasked with the charity’s media strategy, planning and buying, including paid search, SEO, data analytics and social.
RNLI provides a 24-hour search and rescue service around the UK and Republic of Ireland coasts, operating more than 236 lifeboat stations.
OMD will start work with immediate effect, working on the charity’s four annual campaigns, which aim to boost fundraising and raise awareness of safety at sea.
The campaigns will take place this summer and include a drive to boost donations to the charity through wills, a campaign promoting coastal safety, a schools education programme, and a community and events programme.
Clare McDermott, the head of marketing at the RNLI, said: "As a charity reliant on the public for over 98% of income annually, we need to continually improve the way in which we raise funds.
"Optimising all available channels to appeal to our supporters, both current and future, is our overarching aim and I’m very pleased that OMD will be with us as we further develop our fundraising strategy and improve efficiency."
For every £1 donated to the RNLI, 85p is spent directly on lifesaving and 15p is reinvested to support the work of volunteer crews, lifeguards and flood rescue teams.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood