OMD UK consolidates £2m lifeboat account
OMD UK has won the above-the-line media planning and buying account for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) after a three-way pitch.
The account has been added to OMD’s existing contract for the RNLI’s direct response and acquisition services, taking the total value of its contract to £2m.
The Omnicom-owned agency was awarded the account after pitching against All Response Media and Media Wow. The RNLI previously worked with a roster of nine small agencies on its various campaigns.
In a consolidated approach, OMD will now be the sole agency tasked with the charity’s media strategy, planning and buying, including paid search, SEO, data analytics and social.
RNLI provides a 24-hour search and rescue service around the UK and Republic of Ireland coasts, operating more than 236 lifeboat stations.
OMD will start work with immediate effect, working on the charity’s four annual campaigns, which aim to boost fundraising and raise awareness of safety at sea.
The campaigns will take place this summer and include a drive to boost donations to the charity through wills, a campaign promoting coastal safety, a schools education programme, and a community and events programme.
Clare McDermott, the head of marketing at the RNLI, said: "As a charity reliant on the public for over 98% of income annually, we need to continually improve the way in which we raise funds.
"Optimising all available channels to appeal to our supporters, both current and future, is our overarching aim and I’m very pleased that OMD will be with us as we further develop our fundraising strategy and improve efficiency."
For every £1 donated to the RNLI, 85p is spent directly on lifesaving and 15p is reinvested to support the work of volunteer crews, lifeguards and flood rescue teams.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel