Dentsu completes £3.2bn takeover of Aegis Group
Dentsu's £3.2bn takeover of Aegis Group has gone through, resulting in Jerry Buhlmann, the head of Aegis, taking on the additional role of chief executive of the Dentsu Aegis Network, with responsibility for all operations outside of Japan.
Yesterday the Chinese regulatory authorities approved the deal and Dentsu said the deal was likely to go through by tomorrow (28 March) but the deal actually completed yesterday so the two marketing giants are now one company.
The Dentsu Aegis Network combines Dentsu’s operations outside of Japan and Tim Andree, senior vice president and the chief executive of Dentsu’s existing operations outside Japan, has been appointed the executive chairman of the combined entity.
The companies in the former Aegis Group (Carat, Vizeum, Posterscope, iProspect and Isobar) will continue to be run as a separate division, Aegis Media, which will be run by Buhlmann as chief executive, alongside his Dentsu Aegis Network role.
Buhlmann said: "In joining forces with Dentsu, Japan’s leading advertising group, we have created the world’s first truly global communications network with the ability to deliver integrated and specialist services that add real value to our clients’ businesses, in a transforming market.
"We are looking to working with our new colleagues at Dentsu."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - Exhibitions - Indonesia tfconnect global recruitment £30,000, Jakarta
- account manager collectivo Up to £32,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media