UK adspend still to increase despite European slowdown
Advertising revenue in the UK is predicted to grow as forecast despite a downgrade in expectations for much of the rest of Western Europe, according to a major research study.
The UK ad market is expected to increase by 1.9 per cent year on year in 2013, as originally forecast, but Interpublic’s Magna Global has downwardly revised its predictions for Italy, Spain and France.
Vincent Letang, the executive vice-president, director of global forecasting at Magna Global, said "intense competition" between companies launching games consoles, such as Sony’s PlayStation 4, and those offering new mobile services, such as 4G, would boost adspend in the telecoms and technology sector. However, he believed it would be one of only a few advertising sectors likely to experience growth in the UK this year.
Magna Global still expects the UK TV market to increase 0.5 per cent year on year in 2013, even though the first quarter grew 5 per cent.
Although the major events of last year, such as the Olympics, might affect quarterly comparatives, Letang said it "shouldn’t be a major problem" for growth across 2013 because there was not a lot of "incremental revenue" beyond out-of-home media.
Radio advertising will "soften" in the second quarter, while oversupply and automated trading will contribute to a slowdown in digital ad growth, Letang added.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency