Premier Foods launches digital pitch
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 March 2013 08:00AM
Premier Foods is holding a digital pitch for its "power brands", which include Hovis, Oxo and Mr Kipling.
The company has approached agencies directly to invite them to pitch for the consolidated business.
The eight power brands are Hovis, Ambrosia, Mr Kipling, Sharwood’s, Loyd Grossman, Bisto, Oxo and Batchelors.
Premier Foods said it was planning to put a greater emphasis on marketing its grocery products at the expense of Hovis.
In February, Premier Foods revealed sales of its power brands grew 2.1 per cent last year, helping 2012 underlying trading profits rise 10.6 per cent to £123.4 million.
Premier Foods’ advertising account is split between JWT London and McCann London. The company consolidated all brands into the two agencies last year.
Earlier this month, Premier Foods launched the first TV campaign for Ambrosia in ten years in an attempt to position the brand as relevant to modern British life. The spot, created by JWT, adopted the strapline: "This is pudding."
The former Sainsbury’s director of brand communications Claire Harrison-Church joined Premier Foods as the director of strategic marketing in September last year.
There was further change three months later when the chief executive, Michael Clarke, stepped down after less than 18 months. Gavin Darby, the former Coca-Cola marketing director and Cable & Wireless chief executive, replaced him.
Clarke was responsible for selling Premier Foods’ jam and jelly business, including Hartley’s, for £200 million and the sweet pickles and table sauces division for £93 million in an attempt to reduce the company’s debt.
A spokeswoman for Premier Foods said the account was not up for review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director Twist Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Audience Development Director - SEO, Social & Content - CLIENT Ultimate Asset £75000 per annum + bens, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Planner - Charity / DM - Award-winning London agency - to £35k Fill Recruitment £35k plus superb benefits and bonus opportunity!, London (Greater)
- Freelance Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager Prospect Resourcing Ltd £150 - £200 per day, London (Greater)
- Digital Creative Director - (Copy) £75,000 London EC2 Mark Paine Recruitment to £75,000 plus benefits, EC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account