American Express to serve geo-targeted ads in London cabs
American Express is launching a geo-targeted taxi ad campaign that will show passengers ads relevant to the vehicle's location in London.
London cabs will use VeriFone Media's geo-targeting technology to serve ads delivering five separate creative executions, including ads for local theatre and entertainment venues when taxis are in the West End. When passengers are near Gatwick, Heathrow and London City airports, travel offers will be served up.
American Express launches the campaign this week and will run it for one month, with creative running in 200 branded taxis and in-cab screens. An additional 150 taxis will feature American Express branding.
Media was planned by Mindshare and booked by Kinetic, while OgilvyOne handled the creative.
American Express claims it is the UK’s first geo-targeted taxi media campaign. Development of the campaign was overseen by Melissa Weber, American Express UK brand and communications director .Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Account Director- Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £52k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director- Direct Marketing Spectrum 360 Recruitment £50k - £58k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager EMEA Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, South East England