American Express to serve geo-targeted ads in London cabs
American Express is launching a geo-targeted taxi ad campaign that will show passengers ads relevant to the vehicle's location in London.
London cabs will use VeriFone Media's geo-targeting technology to serve ads delivering five separate creative executions, including ads for local theatre and entertainment venues when taxis are in the West End. When passengers are near Gatwick, Heathrow and London City airports, travel offers will be served up.
American Express launches the campaign this week and will run it for one month, with creative running in 200 branded taxis and in-cab screens. An additional 150 taxis will feature American Express branding.
Media was planned by Mindshare and booked by Kinetic, while OgilvyOne handled the creative.
American Express claims it is the UK’s first geo-targeted taxi media campaign. Development of the campaign was overseen by Melissa Weber, American Express UK brand and communications director .Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Publisher Development Manager - video Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + commission, London
- Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Online Marketing Executive JV Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Manchester
- Loyalty Senior Product Manager Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control