Freixenet appoints Fold7 to UK ad account
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 03 April 2013 11:55AM
Freixenet, the UK's best-selling sparkling wine brand, has appointed Fold7 to handle its UK advertising account.
The agency won the creative account following a competitive pitch against Publicis, Kindred and Inferno. Creativebrief handled the review, which began in November.
Leo Burnett has previously handled the brand’s UK creative, but in the past few years it has worked with Spanish agencies including JWT Barcelona, which was behind the brand’s new global positioning in 2010.
The ads used the straplines "Wonderfully unexpected" and "Barcelona since 1861" to highlight the brand’s Mediterranean heritage, and featured people drinking Freixenet at various bohemian parties.
Freixenet is known in Spain for its annual Christmas TV campaign that stars a different celebrity each year. The singer Shakira and the actors Antonio Banderas and Sharon Stone have all featured in seasonal spots for the wine-maker.
In the UK, Freixenet’s advertising has mostly focused on press ads.
Freixenet is the top-selling sparkling wine brand in the off-trade, according to Mintel data, with sales of £34 million in 2011 and a 9% market share.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Media Planning Account Manager Lipton Fleming £30000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Ecommerce Content Manager - Travel brand - £40K + bonus Salt £38000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy