Freixenet appoints Fold7 to UK ad account
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 03 April 2013 11:55AM
Freixenet, the UK's best-selling sparkling wine brand, has appointed Fold7 to handle its UK advertising account.
The agency won the creative account following a competitive pitch against Publicis, Kindred and Inferno. Creativebrief handled the review, which began in November.
Leo Burnett has previously handled the brand’s UK creative, but in the past few years it has worked with Spanish agencies including JWT Barcelona, which was behind the brand’s new global positioning in 2010.
The ads used the straplines "Wonderfully unexpected" and "Barcelona since 1861" to highlight the brand’s Mediterranean heritage, and featured people drinking Freixenet at various bohemian parties.
Freixenet is known in Spain for its annual Christmas TV campaign that stars a different celebrity each year. The singer Shakira and the actors Antonio Banderas and Sharon Stone have all featured in seasonal spots for the wine-maker.
In the UK, Freixenet’s advertising has mostly focused on press ads.
Freixenet is the top-selling sparkling wine brand in the off-trade, according to Mintel data, with sales of £34 million in 2011 and a 9% market share.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager - Fantastic London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Great agency benefits , London
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Head of Social - Top London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 70000, London
- Digital Director - Integrated Entertainment Marketing Agency - London - £50k - £60k - NP205 Stonor £50k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager (ALL MEDIA) Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne