Freixenet appoints Fold7 to UK ad account
Freixenet, the UK's best-selling sparkling wine brand, has appointed Fold7 to handle its UK advertising account.
The agency won the creative account following a competitive pitch against Publicis, Kindred and Inferno. Creativebrief handled the review, which began in November.
Leo Burnett has previously handled the brand’s UK creative, but in the past few years it has worked with Spanish agencies including JWT Barcelona, which was behind the brand’s new global positioning in 2010.
The ads used the straplines "Wonderfully unexpected" and "Barcelona since 1861" to highlight the brand’s Mediterranean heritage, and featured people drinking Freixenet at various bohemian parties.
Freixenet is known in Spain for its annual Christmas TV campaign that stars a different celebrity each year. The singer Shakira and the actors Antonio Banderas and Sharon Stone have all featured in seasonal spots for the wine-maker.
In the UK, Freixenet’s advertising has mostly focused on press ads.
Freixenet is the top-selling sparkling wine brand in the off-trade, according to Mintel data, with sales of £34 million in 2011 and a 9% market share.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager createselect £26-30K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight Designer - Design Agency - Berkshire - £25k - £35k - NP107 Stonor £25k - £35k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Hampshire / Oxfordshire / Surrey
- Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 , South East England / London (Greater)
- Freelance Mid-weight Designer for Smart-thinking Innovation Agency Bamboo Crowd £200-300 per day , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Insight Manager (Analytics) Jarlett de Grouchy £60000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tim Hipperson to become interim CEO of Weve
- Spotify parts ways with European leader Chris Maples
- Campaign Viral Chart: New Yorkers nod to Derek Jeter
- Senior adland figures launch star-studded campaign against Scottish independence
- Channel 4 and Magnum Mini partner for 'sweet' 9pm film sponsorship
- O2 dog turns hip hop for Big Bundles