Dentsu's Aegis Media wins £20m global Burberry account
Dentsu's Aegis Media has landed its first global win in the form of the £20m media planning and buying duties for British luxury fashion brand Burberry.
Aegis Burberry Media Network will be centrally coordinated out of Vizeum offices in London, UK.
The fashion business is the first global win for Aegis Media following the completion of its £3.2bn sale to Japan’s giant Dentsu network last week.
The account is believed to be worth in excess of £20m across Europe and North America, with the lion's share – £13m – being spent in the US, where it will be handled by Carat. Not included in the headline figure, Burberry's media business in Asia-Pacific is said to be worth an additional £50 million, although this has not been verified by the client.
In the UK, Burberry’s £2m business will be handled by Vizeum, which is looking to bolster its client roster following last week’s £30m loss of Coca-Cola to MediaCom.
More than 60% of Burberry’s media business is directed towards digital, and will include regional teams from Carat, Posterscope, Isobar and iProspect.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Recruitment Manager - Technical Development Team Propel £28000 - £90000 per annum, London
- Copywriter & Marketing Executive - Events, Integrated Marketing Live Recruitment £22000 - £27000 per annum, London
- PR Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £16000 - £20000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Recruitment Team Leader - Technology (Contract) Propel £35000 - £42000 per annum + OTE £80k, London
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign