Dentsu's Aegis Media wins £20m global Burberry account
Dentsu's Aegis Media has landed its first global win in the form of the £20m media planning and buying duties for British luxury fashion brand Burberry.
Aegis Burberry Media Network will be centrally coordinated out of Vizeum offices in London, UK.
The fashion business is the first global win for Aegis Media following the completion of its £3.2bn sale to Japan’s giant Dentsu network last week.
The account is believed to be worth in excess of £20m across Europe and North America, with the lion's share – £13m – being spent in the US, where it will be handled by Carat. Not included in the headline figure, Burberry's media business in Asia-Pacific is said to be worth an additional £50 million, although this has not been verified by the client.
In the UK, Burberry’s £2m business will be handled by Vizeum, which is looking to bolster its client roster following last week’s £30m loss of Coca-Cola to MediaCom.
More than 60% of Burberry’s media business is directed towards digital, and will include regional teams from Carat, Posterscope, Isobar and iProspect.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Project Manager (Medical Communications) Premier Media £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, London
- Social Media Copywriter Brand Recruitment £28000 per annum, Northampton
- Digital Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £55000 per annum, West End
- Interim Consumer Insight Analyst 12mth FTC Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £25,000 - £27,000 + benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager Premier Media £30000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Google UK ad revenues climb 17% to $1.6bn