English National Opera appoints Total Media
The English National Opera (ENO) has appointed the independent media agency Total Media ahead a "radical" marketing campaign to attract new audiences.
The Total Media-produced content-driven campaign will include a range of partnerships with media owners that will try to tell the story of the ENO’s productions and increase ticket sales using a range of media.
Total Media has also been tasked with positioning the ENO’s base at the London Coliseum theatre as an entertainment venue, promoting its bars and restaurants as a destination of their own.
Eleanor Appleby, the head of marketing at ENO, said: "We were very impressed with Total Media’s passion and determination to help us stand out. They challenged us to re-evaluate how things are currently done in the arts industry and to try something bold.
"It’s everything we wanted, and I believe that together we can make a real difference to how we communicate and engage with the public, now and in the future."
In November Garry Lace, who founded Beta with Robert Campbell three years ago, left the agency to join the ENO as its director of brand and marketing, initially on a consultancy basis.
ENO’s upcoming productions include the UK premiere of The Perfect American, written by the composer Philip Glass, and a revival of Death in Venice, previously staged by the ENO in 2007, directed by Deborah Warner.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex
- Designer - Stunning Agency - Central London - c£40k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£40k, Central London