MasterCard to launch first Champions League player mascot campaign
MasterCard will release a campaign during next week's UEFA Champions League quarter-finals highlighting its role sponsoring player mascots for the first time.
The work, a series of 12 chronological idents, was created by McCann London, which has been working with MasterCard since 1998.
The idents chart the journey of a young boy picked to be one of the 22 player mascots who walk hand-in-hand with footballers onto the pitch at the start of a Champions League match.
Each ident ends with the tagline, "A match they’ll never forget: Priceless".
MasterCard has sponsored Champions League player mascots since 1994, but this is the first time that the financial services corporation has released a TV spot advertising its involvement. The idents will run for the first time during next week’s Champions League quarter-final matches, airing on 9 and 10 April.
A 30-second online ad has also been created to show the idents without interruption.
Paul Trueman, the head of UK marketing for MasterCard, said: "In line with our global strategy of moving from observing 'Priceless' moments to enabling 'Priceless' experiences, this campaign is a wonderful showcase of our unique UEFA Champions League Player Mascot programme and the exclusive opportunities available to all of our cardholders".
Michael Thomason and Chloe Grindle created the films, which were directed by Pete Riski through Rattling Stick.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ARTWORKER - CREATIVE COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- 2D DESIGNER - LIVE COMMUNCATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot