MasterCard to launch first Champions League player mascot campaign
MasterCard will release a campaign during next week's UEFA Champions League quarter-finals highlighting its role sponsoring player mascots for the first time.
The work, a series of 12 chronological idents, was created by McCann London, which has been working with MasterCard since 1998.
The idents chart the journey of a young boy picked to be one of the 22 player mascots who walk hand-in-hand with footballers onto the pitch at the start of a Champions League match.
Each ident ends with the tagline, "A match they’ll never forget: Priceless".
MasterCard has sponsored Champions League player mascots since 1994, but this is the first time that the financial services corporation has released a TV spot advertising its involvement. The idents will run for the first time during next week’s Champions League quarter-final matches, airing on 9 and 10 April.
A 30-second online ad has also been created to show the idents without interruption.
Paul Trueman, the head of UK marketing for MasterCard, said: "In line with our global strategy of moving from observing 'Priceless' moments to enabling 'Priceless' experiences, this campaign is a wonderful showcase of our unique UEFA Champions League Player Mascot programme and the exclusive opportunities available to all of our cardholders".
Michael Thomason and Chloe Grindle created the films, which were directed by Pete Riski through Rattling Stick.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Lively Account Executive Famous consumer Brand- £23/24K Barker Graves £23/24K, London
- Digital Media Recruitment Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Senior Designer createselect £40-50K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)