Arnold Amsterdam creates drug cookbook for Stüssy's spring line
FreshCotton, the online men's clothes shop, has released an online cookbook that combines haute cuisine and drugs to promote the launch of a range of limited edition Stüssy Amsterdam T-shirts.
FreshCotton teamed up with creative agency Arnold Amsterdam to produce the 'Baked' cookbook to promote the new range of Stüssy Amsterdam tees. The idea was to subvert the usual tactic of producing a lookbook to promote new lines of clothing.
The cookbook, which references Amsterdam’s tolerance towards narcotics, demonstrates how to create dishes using high-end ingredients and drugs – like marijuana and magic mushrooms – that can be legally obtained in the Netherlands. The recipes are interspersed with fashion pages.
In addition to the cookbook, which users can download by tweeting the company, Arnold Amsterdam also helped to create video recipes featuring chef Misha Sukyas, who wears the Stüssy T-shirts during the spots. The videos are available on YouTube.
Arnold Amsterdam has previously worked with Stüssy on social media campaigns, such as the 'Strip for Likes' project on Facebook, where pictures of a model wearing Stüssy clothes would get more revealing as more people "Liked" the ad.
Rickard Engstrom and Joris Kang’eri created the 'Baked' cookbook. Doug Hancock directed the videos through Darlings Amsterdam.
The digital execution was by Amsterdam-based studio Cartelle.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Sports! Cross Platform Creative Solutions Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential & Bens, London
- Agency Account Director- Programmatic Video Platform Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- Account Manager EMEA - Ad-tech Company Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + bonus & benefits , London
- Senior PR Account MAnager - Digital AF Selection £30000 - £35000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Director Pitch Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile