Arnold Amsterdam creates drug cookbook for Stüssy's spring line
FreshCotton, the online men's clothes shop, has released an online cookbook that combines haute cuisine and drugs to promote the launch of a range of limited edition Stüssy Amsterdam T-shirts.
FreshCotton teamed up with creative agency Arnold Amsterdam to produce the 'Baked' cookbook to promote the new range of Stüssy Amsterdam tees. The idea was to subvert the usual tactic of producing a lookbook to promote new lines of clothing.
The cookbook, which references Amsterdam’s tolerance towards narcotics, demonstrates how to create dishes using high-end ingredients and drugs – like marijuana and magic mushrooms – that can be legally obtained in the Netherlands. The recipes are interspersed with fashion pages.
In addition to the cookbook, which users can download by tweeting the company, Arnold Amsterdam also helped to create video recipes featuring chef Misha Sukyas, who wears the Stüssy T-shirts during the spots. The videos are available on YouTube.
Arnold Amsterdam has previously worked with Stüssy on social media campaigns, such as the 'Strip for Likes' project on Facebook, where pictures of a model wearing Stüssy clothes would get more revealing as more people "Liked" the ad.
Rickard Engstrom and Joris Kang’eri created the 'Baked' cookbook. Doug Hancock directed the videos through Darlings Amsterdam.
The digital execution was by Amsterdam-based studio Cartelle.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Creative Recruitment Consultant, Digital/Direct Marketing Consultancy Direct Recruitment 25k-59k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad